Community Hubs offer classes, groups, and activities for expectant parents and families with children ages 0-18, staffed by a team of family engagement, literacy and health specialists. Click me to find your HUB!
Childhood trauma isn’t something you just get over as you grow up.
The Child Abuse Prevention Council is a community council whose primary purpose is to coordinate the community’s efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse and neglect. It is comprised of 15 members of the community, each appointed by the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors. The Council acts as an independent entity and is coordinated through a contract between the El Dorado County Department of Human Services and the El Dorado County Office of Education.
The Child Abuse Prevention Council functions include:
· Acts as the Children’s Trust Fund Commission
· Provides a forum for interagency communication and coordination
· Facilitates the training and education for professionals in the detection and treatment of child abuse and neglect
· Recommends improvements in services to families and victims
· Promotes public awareness of abuse and neglect of children and the resources available for intervention and treatment.
Creating Strong Families with the Protective Factors
What to look for as your child grows…
Skills such as taking a first step, smiling for the first time, and waving "bye bye" are called developmental milestones. Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, behave, and move (crawling, walking, etc.).
Click on the age of your child to see the milestones: